View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #29
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I have a digital food thermometer which has Bluetooth. I put the probe(s) into the food outside and can monitor the temperatures on my iPhone. I also use it when cooking inside. This means you don’t have to have this function on the barbecue.
This is an excellent point!, and something that I considered if I went with the PitBoss grill. Not a showstopper for sure.

While this is an appealing point of the DC, it's not the sole reason that I went that route.

I actually think that the the 4 main smoker/grills that we've been talking about in this thread: The PitBoss, AMOKE, Traeger, and GMG DC are all great smokers / grills. The other one that I considered, and we haven't really talked about in this thread is the CampChef Pursuit. That actually looks like a nice rig too, but my main issue with that was that it wasn't quite as small as the other, and I feared that I may have a hard time getting it in and out of the space I have to put a grill into.

It's great to have choices as a consumer!, and even better to have a community that provides feedback and support!!!