View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:35 AM   #36
MikeRP
Established Member

M.O.C. #22500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeis48 View Post
Your truck is a work horse as it was designed to be. I have a 2017 F250 2WD and I pull a 2019 Montana 3721. The only mod I have made to the truck is to add air bag load levelers. Been using this setup for two years and have power to spare on mountains, no tire or rear end problems. Get it weighed and look at the facts you are working with - then decide if anything needs to be moved or removed. If necessary put a tray on the rear and load anything heavy (within the tray rating) there. It will also offset hitch weight.
My basic rule is one word, "Simplify"the load. If you didn't use it last season don't take it now, with the exception of tools, but not enough to overhaul your truck. Be realistic. Same rule inside the trailer until the boss says no. You'll stop better and save fuel too. Remember to include the weight of an extra fuel tank and two full tanks.
Completely agree with this post! This is a Ford! Most capable truck built and I drive a Ram. I love them. I drive Ram’s becuSe I can get them cheaper. And they are wonderful trucks. Versus older trucks this Ford has massive electronics and systems for stability control braking and emergency handling. You can’t compare it to a truck bought not that many years ago and older.

It would cost the OP crazy money to trade a perfectly fine truck in on a F350 and hardly gain a dang thing except the sticker on the truck shows a better payload. If the OP has the cash well, it’s up to him.

He could take that money, stifin up his rear suspension, get a little higher load rated tire and be just as safe as a F350. It’s an amazing truck and it will handle that trailer just fine in my opinion.

The biggest reason any of us, and I’m preaching to the choir, are going to experience problems is speed, inattentiveness, assured clear distance and the like. Let’s hope we all come home safe this year.

Good luck OP!