View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #36
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
They were "Ranier"

I did not swap out my spare tire, I left it original. I just crawled under the trailer and got some photos of the original tire. These were the original from the factory. Very disappointing that Keystone puts these on brand new trailers. It's a costly experience for the un-aware victim.

I just found this on their web site. At lest they admit they are from China:

"The Rainier tire is a tire specific to Tredit, manufactured by a company called Wanda in China. We own the rights to the mold, so anyone with a Rainier tire got it from Tredit originally. As for the speed rating, they are indeed 65mph."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Ranier...4DC779E1866831

Thanks. That's exactly what I had pulled off this trailer before I took it off the lot.

On another note and correct me if I'm wrong. Did I understand your previous post to say that they inflated the new tires to 80psi because that is all the wheel would allow? I would think that is incorrect.

If I interpreted everything correctly you replaced the defective Raniers with like Hercules tires rated for 105psi? I'm thinking Keystone didn't put 105psi tires on a 80psi wheel....but could be wrong. I haven't pulled a load chart for your tires and I don't know the weight of your trailer but that might warrant a look. You may want to run at 105. I went from LRF to LRG upon purchase of this trailer and run them at 110psi. You can look on the back of the wheel (hopefully) and it will give you the max psi or lbs. or both to double check.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote