Thread: Shocking.....
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 05:11 AM   #1
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Shocking.....

Twice now we have been shocked by the Montana and I'm wondering if there is something wrong with our unit or where we are plugging into.

A couple weeks ago we went out to "visit" the Montana and make sure everything was ok, no one broke in or anything. We washed the front cap to get rid of the bugs and then were going to be on our way. Well when Mike went to shut the front and side compartments he could feel a little "shocking" like from a 9V batter to your tongue thru his fingers when touching the metal from the compartments. I just laughed at him and told him to get a life, he was imagining it and maybe it was because his feet were wet and the storage place has old, crappy electrical outlets. *shurgging shoulders* I had no idea what he was talking about anyway.

Then this past weekend we were camping at a friends lake house and I was getting the same thing from the door handle and the compartments and I wasn't even wet. It was quite intense too. Not like a shock but a buzzing in your hand when you touched the handle to open anything. It was freaking me out, but if you used your shirt or something to touch the handle with you weren't getting the "buzzing". What is that from?

Was is because we weren't plugged into a GFCI outlet, or is something wrong with our unit? Could it be because the electrical wiring and stuff here was really old too? I would sure hate to have someone electricute because this is just the beginning of something serious and we didn't know it.

Can anyone help?
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote