View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 11:56 PM   #2
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Hi Ray & Cindy! We lived in Jacksonville, FL for 23 years before moving to the up-state foothills section of SC.

I’m originally from Maine and have traveled there from both FL & SC. I can’t tell you how to travel through the large cities and their metropolitan areas; we’ve never done it with our RV rig.

We vary highways from time to time, especially if we want to visit Foxwoods in CT. Basically, from FL we go up I-95 to I-26 to I-77 in Columbia, SC and then on to I-81. You can take I-81 into PN then decide how you want to avoid the large cities. Boston has a belt system. It’s best used on a weekend. Once around Boston we use mostly US & state highways and roads to avoid tolls and the congestions.

From our SC home we take US-25 & I26 up to I-81 and then I-79/US-19 all the way to Erie, PN. Then we just travel rural roads along the lakes and St. Lawrence River all the way to VT where we connect with US-2. Then you’re on your own because there will be a lot of short distance state and rural roads used to get to the Atlantic Ocean in Maine.

RV Parks & CGs we’ve used on those routes.

The new Green Acres RV Park – Walterboro, SC Exit &57
The Barnyard RV Park, Lexington, SC
Fort Chiswell RV Park, Max Meadows, VA
Dixie Caverns RV CG, Salem, VA
Johnstown KOA, Johnstown, PA
Korn’s CG, Middleton, NY
Beckley Exabition Coal Mine CG, Beckley, WV
Odetha RV Resort, Bozrah, CT
AA Royal Motel & CG, North Tonawanda, NY
Coles Creek SP, Massena, NY
Apple Island RV Resort, South Hero, VT
Whit’s End CG, West Ossipee, NH
Beaver Dam CG, Berwick, ME
Walnut Grove CG, Alfred, ME
Timberland Acres RV Park, Trenton, ME

The only one without a FHU is Coles Creek SP. They do have a modern black tank dump station When leaving the CG.
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote