View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #7
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
Curt Q20

First off congratulations on all your new purchases. I've had my Q20 5 or6 years now and have found they are moody to hook up, hit hard, hit low, whatever, it sometimes doesn't matter. Not a fan of hitting hard and jarring my teeth out tho.

On my old truck I could see the Hitch Plate in the center mirror and the new truck I can't, so I bought an old style clip on sunvisor mirror and can hang it where I can see the hitch in the bed.

Get everything lined up and start to back under pin, when the hitch just starts on the plate I have my wife push the retract switch and put some more weight on the hitch. Then I ease back till I feel it hit and see the handle start to release, sometimes it latches but more than likely I have to ease forward a bit to get to close all the way. I can see the handle and see it go the rest of the way closed to where you can flip the keeper and pin it. I look to see if the jaws are closed around the pin like they are supposed to be and we are good.

When I unhook I put the landing gear down, have my wife in the truck and she puts a little pressure in reverse or whatever and I pull the handle and she pulls ahead.

It gets to be a routine and it works for me. Good Luck
cotter key is offline   Reply With Quote