View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 01:42 PM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Starlink Questions

Well, ordered my Starlink RV standard install kit today. First, as with others we camp many places with no cell service, I’m retired and don’t need it for work. We have Centurylink at home that runs our home automation (Control4) system. Our Centurylink is 15 mb/s service and varies from 7-20 mb/s. Now for the questions.

Install will be in the Montana. Will alternate between the ground mount and something like a flagpole buddy (May do a diy). I plan on plugging the router in the basement and using the convenience center hole for the cable. Will this give me coverage throughout the coach? Second, I am running an Eero mesh in the house. I got the Ethernet adapter and thinking of running an Ethernet cable from the Starlink router to a mesh router with a mesh satellite in the house. Any issue with two different ISP’s running on separate mesh routers. The Montana sits about 7’ from the side of the house.

The third part is about using Wi-Fi for cellular in Canada and Alaska. I am on Verizon’s all everything plan. If I am using cellular over Wi-Fi, will I have any restrictions? I know Canada and Mexico are covered it’s our plan. Thanks in advance.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote