View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 04:48 PM   #13
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sue

We are still at North American Young Riders. We had some unexpected visitors and we ran out of stored water while boon docking. I guess we could of packed it all up and moved to a hose to fill up, but instead we went to Sams and bought 30 1 gallon bottles of distilled water. I think we were pretty creative.......

Any one else ever had to do this or something similiar???
You are VERY creative

Check out Riverman777's post "Mo Water!!!" Talk about creative I think MOC Members are genius'

"I stayed in Smokey Mountains N.P. last fall, and there wasn't any water connections at the sites. There was however available (potable) water near the restrooms. Since I was staying there several days and was too lazy to pull the trailer around there and fill'er up... the water would have to come to me. So. I place a large clean piece of heavy mil plastic in the bed of my truck, to use as a large reservior. I pulled up to the hose bib, used my water hose to fill up the back of the truck, and eased back over to my trailer, carefully so as not to spill a drop. Then I connected my water hose to the trailer and for a pump, I used a high volume (el cheapo) bilge pump I bought for the boat store. I fixed a hose thread connector onto the bilge pump and attached the water hose and dropped it in the bed of the truck. Works great !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael & Carol
Pensacola, Florida
2004 Montana 3670 Prodigy BC
2003 Dodge 3500 DRW
5.9HO CTD Auto
96 HD 1200 Sportster

Isn't that just great !!!!!
larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote