View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Fordzilla, it's not just Iowa anymore. The Feds have done this to us all. I got shock here in NC this January when I got my renewal. Cost me $345.00 till September when i get another renewal that will bring it up to annual basis at that time.
Montana Sky hate to break bad news to you but feds have mandated all these changes. God forbid if you have an accident and don't have your truck license for the total weight of your truck and what ever is hooked to it you are liable. And if they want to bring the DOT enforcement officer into to it the can charge you on federal level for the weight restrictions. Those are the facts it's went nationwide. The DOT officer has federal authority on weight restrictions and can enforce them on federal level. It's your choice how you tag you truck for weight but please be smart about it. If you are over your tag limit and get caught of forbid have an accident then your insurance company can refuse your claim due to your negligence to follow the law on tag requirements.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote