Thread: bike storage
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #10
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
Bike racks, spent forever researching that subject. Main focus: secure and absolutely NO movement of any kind !! That requires the platform type bike rack. Next, HAS to be a 2” receiver fit. Never purchase one that has been reduced to 1 1/4, or goes from 1 1/4 to 2”. They are hard to find, a totally 2” tubular steel made rack. Also, even though it sounds nice, never purchase one that flips, folds, lowers, raises, or any other moving feature. This is a major flaw when it comes to bouncing down the road. I have owned 3 good quality racks and they all moved a little. I’m talking Thales, Yakima, and Saris. FINALLY, I found the perfect rack at a very inexpensive price. We carry two heavy mountain bikes, and I promise, they don’t move not one bit. And no bungy cords. I will try and find the make and model shortly. And if that is not enough, as I am so OCD about not moving, I also purchased a anti rattle hitch stabilizer for $12.00. I’ll go look at the rack shortly. This setup is amazing.... be right back.

Ok, not having luck with pasting a link on my iPad. The rack does fold up, but you can tighten it down so it doesn’t. It comes with a knocking pin bolt. Rust proof and lifetime warranty. The length of the hitch is perfect for the Montana receiver. Our handlebars are several inches away from the FW. I would put this one up against any manufacturer. I promise, solid as a rock. Other relatives and their motor homes were behind us for 1200 miles, and they all confirmed no movement.
* Venmo 2 Bike Bicycle Platform Style Carrier 2” Reciver Mount
* Maxxhaul Tightener Anti Rattle Stabilizer for 2” Hitches
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B65FCA3-E27E-4467-A640-4B32DB08CCBA.png
Views:	88
Size:	631.4 KB
ID:	4441   Click image for larger version

Name:	0E32D459-11BA-4ABF-88BC-CA8C77D17D87.png
Views:	76
Size:	783.7 KB
ID:	4442