View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
After getting home and trying all of the trouble shooting known to man (and all that was listed in the Lippert service manual) it was (insert drum roll here).....a bad pump motor (Keith of Keith and Brenda fame guessed correct). Got in there again and started looking around for loose connections first to make sure I did not miss one. Then I tried a small jumper wire from the solenoid to either of the directional post on the motor...nothing. Noticed some discoloration (cause unknown) on the post facing to the rear of the trailer. Looked like it had gotten pretty hot. Took the motor off of the pump (incredibly easy, just two bolts on top of motor). Pulled motor off and inspected, nothing real obvious and it seemed to turn fine. Took off brush side cover and noticed some areas of extra heat on the inside opposite of post that was discolored outside. Small piece of unknown material inside motor by brushes (about a 1/4 inch oblong dark plastic looking piece). Put it back together just to see if it would work, nothing once again. Went through the manual retrieval of "Level Up" legs (back four) using Dewalt Driver. Two on driver side on one valve, other side on another valve. Then got the truck ready to hook up the trailer and went through manual method to raise and lower landing gear legs (that valve in driver side propane tank door). Had never done manual retrieval before. Not too bad in nice weather at your own house. Probably not a lot of fun if you are trying it in the pouring rain on a Sunday morning trying to get out of a campsite. At least now I can get it to the service center and let them install the dinette and now replace that bad pump motor. Thanks to all for the suggestions! I will let you know if they find anything else that I may have missed. -Glenn
Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote