View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
Don't give up hope, the cooling unit can be replaced for much less than the entire fridge. Our first cooling unit replacement was covered by our extended warranty, less a copay and a couple other minor charges. If you have an extended warranty, you should be good. Our second replacement, maybe six months after the first replacement, the unit was covered by Norcold, but they don't pay for labor for the replacement. When the second cooling unit was installed, I installed the ARP protection device, and we are still good with that cooling unit. Our first failure was a plugged system, probably caused form crystal buildup in the tubing. Our second failure was from a leak. I hope they told you to NOT turn the fridge on for any reason, because the ammonia in the system is extremely flammable. Both of these failures happened in 2015.
Thanks, I did have the good Sam extended warranty, the tech said to go ahead and call Norcold and find out we’re an athorized Dealer in the area we will be staying in Ca.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote