View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #10
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
inverter

I have a Magnum CSW 1012 inverter (1000 watt). The OEM circuit breaker on the inverter line was a 50 amp. I called Magnum yesterday and the guy was puzzled why they (Keystone) would have installed a 50 amp CB on the inverter wire/line. I would be curious if any 2018 and older models have an in-line fuse or the circuit breaker. He said they make 125 watt and 200 watt in-line fuses, and the inverter is rated for 150 watts - so the 125 watt inline fuse would work. Then he told me the manf suggested retail price for a 200 watt in-line fuse was $85 but they do not sell direct. You have to get it thru the dealer. Not sure why he gave me a price for a 200 watt when he told me I needed the 125 watt fuse.

There is a pic in this thread (post #3) of a Magnum in-line fuse from a 2019 Monte, but I cannot read the watt size.

Generally - things are working better now with the 80 amp CB I (accidentally) put on the inverter line. I will put the Magnum in-line fuse on my "some day" list. After reading these pump threads - I suspect my inverter fuse popping and the hydraulic pump-stall problem were unrelated. I probably solved my pump issues when I tightened all of the connections. Now I know to check the inverter while in transit an make sure the CB has not popped.

Carl Youngren has been helping me figure this out via some back and forth emails. I did this sketch (attached) of the spidersweb of wire in my front compartment. I am not sure how or where I would install an 80 amp CB on the stuff that feeds the hydraulic pump. Forgive the "technical terms" such as "big red wire" or "small white wire".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-18_12-39-04.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	4201  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sketch of Mike Masons front compartment wiring July 17 2019.pdf (90.7 KB, 173 views)
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote