View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 01:14 PM   #32
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
His jacks and slides are all hydraulic, no electric except what runs the hydraulic pump. When replacing the hose or hoses, you may have a hard time finding the same thin hydraulic lines like what is installed. I had a short line replaced a number of years ago and had the line made at an autoparts store that also served the agricultural community. They had the same fittings that will fit the fittings on the jacks. These are photos of the bad hose and then the new hose installed.
Cool and thank you. For some reason the orange line feeding the inner side of the hydraulic cylinder to the office slide completely came apart in a section for about two feet. Outer jacket split open and large pieces shed like a snake skin. It being Sunday and no parts stores are open in Santa Rosa NM I wanted to disable that cylinder by plugging the line at the control panel as well as the black line which has a "T" on it. Unless my copper disks aren't working at all it seems like the leak got way worse. Plus the office slider moved(retracted) What the heck am I doing wrong? Also all the knobs in the front panel pertaining to the sliders are in the off position, yet somehow the affected slide moved. It takes a lot for me to lose my patience working on mechanical systems, but this is coming close.
Adding to the stress and strain there isn't a flexible sewer pipe for this rig. The previous owner had it plumbed with 3" S&D pipe, which I forgot to grab before leaving Las Vegas NM, doh! Of course I had no idea leveling this RV was going to be so difficult.. If we can make to Monday there is an RV parts store on old route 66 which runs through town.
That line from the Kenny Rogers song The Gambler "You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done
is running through my mind right now