View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We own property in a HOA In central Florida near Disneyworld. The only disadvantage is one can not do whatever they want to do like running a business on your property with out approval. junk cars or trucks visible. There are rules and regulations but they are reasonable. The HOA fees take care of lot maint like grass cutting, etc. Our association fees are 138.00 per month. We previously lived in a non HOA RV resort . When you allow folks to do whatever they want it does not turn out well.
Rich,
My comment was oriented towards RURAL vs URBAN living as much as HOA problems. I absolutely hate anyone telling me how to take care of my property. I am only doing so in New Mexico because I am forced too due to work and very limited real estate market.

Our idea is to buy RURAL property in Florida with no other close neighbors and have only a few close friends we can trust share it with us.

We already own a country estate in North Central Arkansas. Our nearest neighbor is about a mile away there but it is only 15 minute drive to nearest WalMart. We can be in a large town in 30minutes. To be honest I really don't understand why anyone would chose to live in an urban setting......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote