View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Oh I'm sorry IF I confused you with the rent option. That is definately out of the question. Direct purchase with the sale of the stick house here.

My wife needs to be somewhere warmer. Everywhere I have looked if it is a community or condo has HOA fees and covenents. NO RV's on the property or such.

My main question is if it is more reasonable to hire a landscaper weekly to do the needed tasks vs paying the HOA fees. I think it is highway robbery for what you get out of it other than headaches, terms and conditions of what you can do and what you can't do with what you own. Just another lifetime expense. Maybe if I were 80 or so. Just not yet. Looking to retire, Enjoy some retirement years and travel but have a park model here in the north east. And somewhere to call a second home in a warmer climate.
She wants OCEAN views. That is why I was considering a stick house in a campground setting with the normal fees. VS private property with no HOA or a development with HOA fees. I can't justify in my head paying those HOA fees for what I would receive in the long run. Even if I outright had no mortgage. It is just another fee for life.
What am I missing. I"m obviously overlooking something and I may be unaware of my rational.