View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #115
Jim.Burke

M.O.C. #22791
I just needed 10 more gallons

I have an F350 that came with a 48-gallon tank, I thought this would be more than enough. I never factored in some very strong headwinds. When my wife and I took a trip from Denver to San Diego last fall, our plans were to go from Denver to Albuquerque (first leg 450 miles), Albuquerque to Phoenix (Second day 460 miles) and Phoenix to San Diego (Third day, 360 miles). Without headwinds and traveling at 65MPH we could get almost 11MPG, but we hit headwinds in some places and our mileage suffered. So on the first day, we had to stop at a truck stop in Las Vegas (NM) and get fuel. On our second day somewhere on I-17 we had to get fuel. I agree with a lot of people if your rig is 40 some feet long you almost have to go to a truck stop and pay the higher price for fuel (and have to wait a long while sometimes). For us, if we just had 10 more gallons of fuel we would have made it without problems. We don't need an expensive auxiliary fuel system. So, this is my inexpensive solution. I have two of these, once everything is in place, you just hold down the green button and transfer 5 gallons of fuel in about 2 minutes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190211_144051.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	3119  
Jim.Burke is offline   Reply With Quote