View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Agreed. In my entire life, I have never had to submit a claim against any extended service contract that I have purchased. Lucky? Maybe. I stopped buying them. You'll get all points of view on this subject. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stevemc

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I would assume that if it is just a insurance policy and not worth it then those that say that have no other insurances.
I wouldn't go quite that far. Remember we are talking about service contracts (insurance) for repairs not insurance for damage due to acts of nature or vehicle collisions. Big difference in risk and cost. Case in point we have owned six Chrysler vans in the past 10 years. We put alot of miles on them and use them hard. Each time the dealer trys to sell us a 100,000 mile service contract for usually the neighborhood of $1500 - $1800. The dealer gets a pretty good markup on service contracts that's why they always push them. We usually trade at about 200,000 miles and the current one has 186,000 on it. We haven't spent $1500 on repairs on all 6 put together not counting normal maintenance. Sure the next one may need a transmission at 1,000 miles past the factory warranty but even if it does we're way ahead of the $10,000 we would have shelled out if we had bought the service contract each time. Of course there's a lot of difference between Montana's and Chryslers so you just gotta go with your personal preference. If it gives you $2,000 worth of peace of mind I'd buy it.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote