View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 02:23 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Some more great ideas here, thanks, and keep em coming!!! We know we are not the only ones in this situation and even tho some of these suggestions have been discussed here in the Stevens home, it is great to hear them stated here, kinda reinforcing.

Nita, I agree and so does Al about the senior citizens groups, if you only knew how hard we had to fight to get her to call the bus for transportation and then to agree to accept meals on wheels. She is very independent, or stubborn, or both, on some fronts. Once we get her to try it, she adjusts quite well and enjoys. But, getting her to attend senior citizens activities, well, if you only knew! I'm not sure, but I don't think she wants to condiser herself a senior?? Gotta laugh and giggle, it is rather cute, when it is not so infuriating!

Again, do thank ya all for your input, and again, anything else ya have to add here, it is VERY helpful, we need all the ideas we can cook up!

Thanks Rich, very good ideas, appreciate your input! And Don for that idea about the bank notification.

OH, one thing Al did a few years back is get her signed up on Privacy Guard, he can monitor her financial status that way, and is notified if there are inqueries. That after she gave someone her social security number. OHHHH boy!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote