View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The only reason we did not buy a Forest River Cardinal was, in our opinion, the factory warranty service/customer relations and the lack of a reliable dealer within a reasonable distance from us. I think the Cardinal and the Montana are very comparable units.Having been through both plants and examining both campers closely. IMO the quality is about the same on both units.They are assembled under the same conditions by the same sort of folks just a few miles from one another and they use the same vendors. Yes I used the better part of a roll of Gorilla tape sealing up the underbelly as well as foam to seal other areas. As for the cuts around the springs the next unit off the line , cut by a different workman may have been ok. You will have the same quality issues with the Cardinal as well as other brands in the price range as the Montana..It is a sad commentary..but true. We concentrated on the company, it's service to the consumer and the dealer more than the brand name..You must have both a company that stands behind the product and a dealer that will service the consumer. You may have a great dealer but if the manufacturer does not stand fully behind the product..nothing will happen.We did not purchase a Montana 3400 because we just had to have one. We purchased it because after looking at the "big picture" Floor plan, Price,Quality, manufacturer service and dealer service Keystone and the 3400 were outstanding.Also..no one has a forum like this forum..It can in many cases help you more then Keystone or your dealer in a shorter period of time..The forum is open 24/7. I would put this forum right up there with other reasons for choosing a Keystone Montana.All of the above is My hopefully objective opinion based on our experience
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote