View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #48
gjennings
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22840
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverdur View Post
You can buy a lot of Centennial deep cycle lead acid batteries for the price of one lithium battery. I keep my Monty on shore power when stored at home. I rarely dry camp (once in 12 years). I got seven years of service our of the pair of Centennial batteries that came with my Monty. The Centennial is a maintenance free battery. Was disappointed that I could not get Centennial again when they failed and had to settle for Interstate. Now I have to check electrolyte levels every 2-3 months. Make sure your converter will change a lithium battery. Last I knew, it took a special converter so that adds to your cost.
There is a big difference between us, you don’t dry camp and that is the only kind of camping I do. I may hit a camp ground one weekend during the summer if we take the grand kids out otherwise I never connect to shore power.
And yes my batteries have a BMS in them and work with my charge controller but even if it doesn’t I am installing solar and already have my charge controller connect to my 5er with 1 panel drip charging the interstates the dealer installed.
Not full timers yet but soon
gjennings is offline   Reply With Quote