View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 05:20 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey, you have the same year, make and model Montana as me. I had to remove the fireplace. Remove four small covers on either side of the fireplace frame. Then remove four screws and the decorative boards and then you can slide the fireplace out. Do not forget to unplug the fireplace. This then allows you to access the screw that is up and behind the front framing that holds the tv in place. Finally, slide out that heavy TV. I placed an ottoman right below to make it easier to stage the removal. Don't forget to unplug the TV and its cables. You may need new cables for the new TV, too.

One of the difficulties of removing the 27" tube TV is disposal. We gave our old tube to our daughter so that the grandkids could use it for video gaming and not tie up their main big screen with that activity.

You just can't toss these out with the garbage anymore. In California, they are considered e-waste and must be disposed of properly. In my community, there's a couple of "recycling centers" for stuff like this. I can't imagine the difficulties with some of you who live more remote.

In the meantime, we are loving our new 40" flatscreen. It is so big I had to build extra bracing and framing and it's mounted on a reciprocating arm. I have to remove it when traveling since it moves around too much, then the screen is placed on our bed during transit. One of these days, I will devise some straps and brackets to keep it in place and eliminate movement when enroute. A smaller screen would have solved the problem, but we do love that huge picture.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote