View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
That one incident has made us happy that we have ERS. I don't think AAA would deal with the truck at all, even though we keep it for the maps and other services.

I decided to wait it out on the freeway because we had just passed the last exit for about a mile, there was quite a bit of traffic, and we were well off the road. I also figured it would be easier for the repair service to find us. In retrospect, if I'd known it was going to take so long, I probably would have gotten off the road. It would have been easier to do a complete inventory of the rig to check for damage, and we would have been a bit more comfortable with access to the trailer without the traffic going by.

Even though I was able to describe our location pretty accurately, I'm glad I carry gps so that I can pinpoint where we are precisely. Aslo, between the phone, ham radio, and fire radio, I think I could have contacted someone local. Having the gps meant I could tell them our location, even at night, without being familiar with the surroundings.

I'm tire shopping now (and suffering a little sticker shock) so that there'll be no similar delay on our way to Shasta. I know it's going to be a blast. Glas you and Alice will be there, Robbie.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote