View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 11:52 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A common thread seems to be that the house is a really good investment.We could not sell the house, Invest the $ and get the return that we would by keeping it for 5 years. The cost of buying again is also a factor. We all know that the day will come when we can no longer Rv and will have to buy again. I look at our house that will increase in value over the next 5 years and I look at a 40K truck and a 40K camper that decreases in value every day.Dave you are correct about kids not placing the same value on "stuff" that we do.I saw that first hand in clearing out our parents home after they both passed. Things they kept for 60 70 years was trash to us. Oh.. we have been traveling with a bird a big Cock-a too for 10 years Dusty..Helen's baby.Hates me..but it is going with us...Hard decisions for all of us but it is good to be able to share concerns and hear how others are dealing with those difficult decisions.Looks like we will be in the RGV next winter . Hope to see some of you there..full timing, long timing or some timing..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote