View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 04:00 PM   #33
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I am curious about the sun shades being down verse just the MDS white shade being down. If I am not looking outside it really doesn't matter to me if the see through sun block shade is down. If it is down is it helping or collecting more heat and hindering the cooling process? I know one thing for sure and that is keeping up with the heat is much easier than trying to reduce heat when towing and the AC's are not on, especially when only on a thirty amp service. Next time I will pull over and start the generator with both AC's on max cool an hour before my destination arrival time. I really need to buy the remote start for my generator and then I would not even have to stop. I also need to shoot my windows with the IR thermostat and see if the double pane windows have a bit lower temperature that single pane windows. For whatever reason the windows are labeled as insulated windows.

In reality if I buy another unit it will probably be a DRV as they are wide bodies and have three inch walls which I would think would insulate quite a bit better than my present unit. I will still probably get slide out covers installed as I think they would help somewhat with cooling and keeping the debris of the roof of the slide outs.

Tom Marty