View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 03:35 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The future is so unpredicable and the only guarantee we have about health is that it will, at some point, deteriorate. In light of this reality, each of us carries a significant life insurance policy to jump start the other at the point when one of us leaves.

If we get tired of it all, we will just go buy or build a house in a location that suits us -- perhaps some place we visited and liked. A second option is to park the Monty and live out our days in it. We are in the process of constructing a "home site". This includes a 20' x 40' roofed concrete pad, water, 50 amp electricity, and a 500 gallon ceptic tank.

Escapee Club has a recovery center in Livingston, TX, called Escapees Care. Day care is provided for as long as it is needed for the sick or injured person until 24 hour services are needed or the camper has recovered sufficiently to move on. The cost including daily meals for both persons is reasonable.

The concept of "home" is individual. My paradigm is one that believes that home is where I am. It is not tied to things or geography. Maybe I am a true nomad or have some sort of gypsy heritage. I know this thinking will not suffice for everyone. It's just the way my slice was cut.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote