View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 05:32 PM   #19
Cyride
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22980
Thumbs up Only had the problem once.

The first time out in our 381th I ended up having all sensors reading full. I did some research and felt the problem was that I wasn't using the system properly. I now have a routine I follow and have not a problem since. 1st, I put 5 or 6 gallons of water in the tank before putting any solids in the black tank. I also make sure we are using plenty of water with every flush of the toilet. When I dump I run the black tank flush until the water runs clear. After dumping I put about 5 or 6 gallons of clean water back into the tank to slush around while going down the road. When I am close to home I dump again. To clean the sensors when I had the original problem I put about 8 gallons of water in the black tank, drove around and then dumped. No problems since. I also started to use a product called Happy Camper, seems to be doing a good job since I started using it. I strongly believe the most important step of black tank maintenance is to make sure you get plenty of water in the tank with the solids. I work in the pharmaceutical industry and have worked with water systems for use in the industry. I am very cautious about adding chemicals to any system. I would want to be careful with the PH of whatever I am dumping from my tanks into who ever's septic system I am dumping into so I do not cause problems in those systems. This is just how I have corrected the problem, everything good since.