View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #5
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Great info - thanks.
What is your “toilet tab”? Is that just a tank deodorizer? Does a different tank deodorizer affect your recipe (lots of different tank treatment option out there)

Also - somewhere in the past I came across a similar thread on some forum where the guy suggested using Calgon fabric softener/water softener. Would like your take on that idea. I have added Calgon a few times in the past but certainly not regularly. I never noticed any difference for my tank sensors.
the tab is basically just a deodorizer. Most of the time an enzyme or bacteria will not have enough time to work properly.

There was a hotel in New York City that had a "GREASE / crap" trap that was about 10 foot by 10 foot and about 8 foot deep. I was involved in the project.

We sprayed a "EATING" bacteria to reduce the scum. But after 3 days a lot of buildup was still there.... until we found a way to stir the mixture every 4 hours.

When i get I get a chance i will introduce a high akalinity into the tank to speed up the process..but you still need movement to slap the water against the soil.

A fabric softener (like Calgon) imparts a slightly oily substance into the fabric to give it a soft feel..like towels at a pool club. But at the same time this tends to WATERPROOF the fabric making it harder to clean the next time around.

There is enough oils in poop without Introducing more into the tank
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote