View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 AM   #10
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
I can tell everyone that since I posted this I've talked with some friends that do Yellowstone area every year (past 8 to 10 anyways). Mid May is a great time to go as very few will be there I'm told. It's at the very beginning of the season. Probably snow in some areas, impassible in others, cold in the AM, cool to cold at night not the wishes of most summer campers.

I was thinking approx 2000 mile round trip. Friends say more like 2500 maybe even 3000 miles depending on excursions. I'm thinking 'round 2500 should do us in this planning stage. Now 2500 mile at avg 10 mpg is 250 gal est 5.00 per gal 1250.00 for fuel then all the other essentials. So I'm taking a stab at 3000.00 plus credit card for any big disasters.

I can't see getting away any later (hopefully) to busy at the clinic. No sooner as colleges aren't out yet.

I guess this amt of $ being guesstimated isn't too bad, we spent more on the cruise and trip into Alaska 4 years ago. I planned that in under 10 days and paid for it but the memories are worth every penny.

I'll push my milage more than most of you. This year I'll have my son take some of the driving and see how he does on the interstates. This will brake him in slowly another good reason to go West less traffic, empty roads.

Enjoy dreaming of travels, it's the only thing that you've got until you go,
Chuck

lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote