View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #121
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Topjustice look real closely at the litature and the capacity might be for a bare bones regular cab gas engine. Add in all the real world desires and you end up with crew cab diesel with lots of options that all contribute to the weight. If we really break it dow it probably goes to actual tire weight ratings. The dually gets lots more weight capacity because of two extra tires even though they are derated for load because they are in the dually configuration. When the big three really want to be serious about selling a high GVWR for SRW trucks they need to step up to the 19.5" tires. They could then use the bigger rearends and front ends and substantially increase the capacity that their trucks could actually haul and or tow. I really don't want a dually but they don't offer a decent GVWR for the SRW trucks. Dodge gets you to 12,100 if I remember correctly and Ford is stuck at 11,500 if configured correctly with the Chevy being a bit less than the Ford. I have seen some older SuperDuties that were converted from DRW to 19.5" SRW.

As for all the legal stuff being thrown around on here I can't really say one way or the other but I sure see a lot of passenger cars way overloaded by seeing the occupants getting into or out of their cars.

Tom Marty