View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you use a patch to serial cable then you also have to somehow power the GPS, right? The USB GPS takes power from the usb port but that's not normally available on a serial port. I have a serial GPS around here and have to plug it into 12v. The usb gps takes power from the usb port. Steve, did it work foryou without auxillary power?

Ron, I did get S&T with GPS so the inf file likely won't work with the Garmin. I can email it to you if you want to try it anyhow.

Ron, check this site
http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ils.jsp?id=595

Looks like it may have the usb drivers you need. Here's a partial quote:

Notes:

This setup will install / pre-load all Garmin USB Drivers on your system and upgrade older versions if found.
These drivers are designed for use with those GPS units that support USB transfer of data to/from the PC - not to include the iQue. This setup also includes the drivers for the USB Data Card Programmer.
This setup combines the initial install and updates for both the USB GPS drivers and the USB Data Card Programmer drivers.
WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to GarminŽ for service.

----
If that link won't get you there because it bypasses the agreements page, go to www.garmin.com, click on updates & downloads, then scroll down to 'usb card programmer'. Turns out that link has more than it appears.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote