View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 03:16 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
There are a ton of people who make bad choices in life, we all do, we are human, we fail. That said, there are plenty of other reasons for what appears to be poor choices, like Mental Illniess. Too many to list.

For those that make what we consider to be stupid choices, using the system to feed their kids while they gamble, well, that is rather revolting.

But, what about the mentally ill, what about those that were doing everything right, or thought they were, and then wammmo, something bad happened to them. Or they got caught in things like the Great Depression. In the current situation, many of us, and I mean MANY of us, are losing their houses and suffered huge economic losses due to the stock market.

I said it before somewhere here at the MOC, there but for the grace of God, go I.

To think, that we control every single good or bad thing that happens to us is rather arrogant. We do not. Bad things happen to ole Carol and her CountryGuy. Last year we spend a lot of $$ we really did not have to rehab our 18 year old house, why?? because of bad choices by the builder, who by the way, has skipped town. We had water damage in 2 of the rooms, and to check to see if there was other damage we did not know of we had to strip the roof off. Now, if you think that all this uproar was our choice, well, think again. It was a horrible stress, and if we had not had Tana I think we would have cracked. To some it may seem small, it was not a Katrina, not a tornado, that is for sure, but it was traumatic and costly to us.

If you are interested, visit my page: Tana to the Rescue

http://picasaweb.google.com/lashbroo...MonaganRepairs

All I am saying here in my normal over doing it manner is that some make bad choices, others make choices forced on them, choices not of their own making.

Not everyone who is in trouble is stupid, or make bad choices. There but for the grace of God go I.

Historically, don't nations and people make the same errors, war after war, first we had the Great War, then 30 some years later, we go at it again, another World War, this one now named WWII. Good times cause us to forget the bad. And, then, there is the entire subject of greed, corporate and human. That could take a book or two to write about.

As always there is more than one side to a story. Life is not fair, it just is. I feel for these kids, they are in what seems like a world of hurt.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote