Thread: Broken Spring
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 05:42 PM   #5
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
I had many spring problems on our 2017 3720 . Then on the way back from Arizona we broke two springs near St. Louis Missouri and took it to a large dealer in Hazelwood, Missouri, which is part of the St. Louis area. The good news is that we were on the road the next afternoon . The bad news is that we were charged $2200.00 for the 4 springs, installed before tax. The worst news was that about 250 miles north the rear axle turned about 30 degrees, the driver's tirewas cut on the middle support, and our progress was stopped. I was able to stop at the side of the interstate. In the rain, I put the unit completely off the ground with the auto level and was able to reposition the axle, reattach it to the spring and drive to a safe spot off the highway. I had to tighten all the nuts on the U bolts and then go on. I said to Gayle that the only place I'll drive the trailer after this trip will be to Morryde for IS and disc brakes which was done the following Sept. Since then we have been from our home in Ontario Canada to Loreto Mexico twice with no further suspension problems. Towing is not a nightmare anymore.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote