Old 04-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Just a FYI on the tailgaters and any portable Dish Net antennas. According to a Dish Network Teck, the portable antennas are not capable of doing a Program up date on there own the only way to really get a true update is to call Dish and have them send a signal to your receiver after you have the signal set up. I was also told that if I wanted a antenna that will download all programs guides, I must have the Parabolic dish with the HD LMB's (3) of them. they mentioned that if I hooked the receiver to my home antenna it would program all the up dates, which I tried and the receiver did exactly that what I was told it would do. so that's the facts. now when I load up the trailer I disconnect the Trailer receiver and hook it up to the house system a day before we go on a trip it saves me a lot of frustration when setting up camp.

You got someone who told you partially wrong. My winegard carryout and my winegard traveler update the guide as soon as they lock on to the satellites it's the local channels that you have to have Dish send to your unit. That's probably the same for Direct although I've never had Direct. Dish says it's an FCC requirement so that we can only get locals from where you are.
Call them up and ask them Dick.
I'm also well aware of the Local broadcast and how it works with Dish, and the FCC requirements for local broadcast which is 250 miles from the zip of the registered address, anything past that is bat wing time. been a customer since 91 I had Direct TV before that.