View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 05:49 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
It probably does not matter what the color of the wires are. Check the color of the wire at the tank, and then check the color of the wire at the sensor read-outs on the inside of your camper. You'll have to get behind the panel to see how the wires are attached. If the top is green at the tank, then the green wire should go to the full sensor on the panel. Same with the other colors.

It's possible your order on the read out might be F, E, 1/3, 2/3. instead of F, 2/3, 1/3, E. If so, you can probably simply switch wires by cutting and splicing at the tank end or the read out panel end, ..... or .... just keep it as is and simply remember which button goes with each read out.

In time, you won't be using that read out at all. You'll just develop a keen sense when you know you need to add water. Actually, if you feel the urge to check the water level in the fresh water tank, it's probably time to add water anyway. So, just add water until it's full again.

I found if I fill mine ever 2 days I'm always good to go. (I always run water from my fresh water tank, never from shore water). It also helps a LOT to attach a water meter to your camper so you can monitor exactly how much water you are filling in your tank. This will also help you become more aware of exactly how much water you are using, and again, will help you just have a sense when you know it's time to add more water to the tank.

One thing I do know, when my water tank gets to a certain low point, my water pump all of a sudden sounds different. And within a very short while, it's spitting air. No biggie, just fill the fresh water tank again.

We also have a washing machine. Before doing laundry, I make sure the water tank if completely full. My machine uses 8 gallons a load. It's easy to know exactly how much water is being used. Knowing or having a feel for your water usage goes a long, long way. And again, in time, you'll stop depending or relying on those sensors. (when the actually work).

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote