View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 07:31 PM   #49
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
You could easily get a golf cart or ATV in there. Think of the toyhaulers out now that have lifting beds with gaping maws under them when they are raised. just sayin. NO reason to think they could not do that with this design either.

Consider yourself enlightened.

ON the subject of hauling big toys, Evergreen's LIfestyle Luxury RVs (out of business now) had a model with a 9x4 foot long slide room that was hidden behind the living room TV (with interior door access). Their "lesser" AlfaGold line also had this feature on one their models (3905SH) too. That concept could hold a GoldWing motorcycle. (even had a optional bike lift ramp and winch assembly) That could be done with this design too with some strengthening alterations. Not everything has to be carried underneath. Just thinking outside the box... so to speak. https://spec.dlrwebservice.com/sb-rv...Motorcycle.jpg
We already have more than one floor plan that caters to the Harley haulers (I don't have anything against motorcycles and in fact own one). Where I am headed is towards hauling more than one toy (IE:Jet ski and a side by side for instance) or longer toys like canoes and such.

There is a LOT of potential if the space was designed in. No telling what kind of toys folks might want to haul. But for sure there is a big market out there of empty nesters with money that have toys. Most of the empty nesters I talk to say the same thing "we would love to bring our toys BUT we don't want the big garage of a conventional toyhauler eating up our living space". And we don't like the living room (break your neck looking at the TV) layout of conventional toy haulers. This is why the HC381TH type floor plan is so popular. Its the first time the MFG got the mix of full floor plan upstairs but still able to carry toys (in basement garage) out there.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the lower the toys are in the unit the more stable (less top heavy) it will be.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote