View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #14
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkingCrow View Post
Thanks for all of the responses, folks. Nothing listed has worked. The only thing I haven't done is remove the cover at the exhaust vent to check the sail switch, as I'm not sure if doing so voids any warranty. We bought this RV just 3-4 months ago, so it is most certainly still under warranty. However... if nothing else has worked and it is indeed the sail switch, I'm tempted to check the thing. From what I can see it's a $15 part and 2 screws to replace (once you're inside the cover). It's 80 miles, one way, to the closest dealer, and we're full time in this thing, not camping. Between packing up all this crap, being on the road there and back, waiting for them to check/fix it, and paying for diesel in the truck... sigh. Is it really worth $15?

Again, it's not too chilly here and the heat pump is keeping things comfy. I'll ponder my dilemma a bit more before I do anything. Who knows; maybe we'll have a need to take the girl for a ride and we'll stop by the dealer on the way.

Thanks again... much appreciated.

D
I would spend 15.00 before taking the rig to the dealer and leaving it for a week or 2 for what is probably a easy job. It sometimes takes longer to trouble shoot the problem than fix it. If it isn't the sail switch then you could always keep the part as a spare as you will possibly need it in the future. What ever the problem please let us know as someone will probably have the same problem in the future.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote