Thread: In a quandary
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 06:07 AM   #14
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
From my experience with others that have done the blow out method, there is no way to ensure that all the water is out. Many I know have found broken lines and pumps in the spring. I would not think any electric type compressor had the volume of air needed to blow out lines.

I have winterized with the port in the conveyance center, but to me its kind of a pita.

As with all my previous campers, now I simply put 3-4 gallons of rv antifreeze in the fresh tank and run it through the pump and out all faucets until I see pink. Works every time and is all but guarantied to prevent issues with freezing.

Simply flush the tank and lines in the spring several times with some bleach added and they are sanitized at the same time.

One hint I have is to know how your water tank is designed (by dropping the undercover to have a look) like on my unit the low point of the tank is on the drivers side and it works better if that side is lower to ensure the antifreeze is pooling around the low point instead of the center of the tank where the pump can not pick it up. Since my unit has level up its easy to raise the passenger side to accomplish this.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote