View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #8
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjrn View Post
When winterizing my new 2019 Montana 3121RL for the first time this year I ran into a slight problem that may help many others. I found that when using correct winterizing hose port the pump would not pull from the antifreeze bottle. Checking and rechecking that I had all the levers (water heater bypass/winterize) in the correct position, the pump would run but not pull any antifreeze. Calling my service friend at the dealer he told me right away that the check valve in the winterizing line is to strong for the pump to pull the antifreeze through and that I needed to go right to the pump. Once getting to the pump I realized I needed a 3/4" FNH x 1/2" FNPT adaptor to connect to my antifreeze hose. Once purchased at the local hardware and installed all worked perfectly fine and I was able to winterize my camper in minutes. I have pictures if anyone feels that would help as well.
Not sure your service friend is correct. My first time using the winterizing port was unsuccessful too. Turns out, the connection behind the convenience center was loose and sucking air. Once tightened, works great, draws from the antifreeze bottle and have had no problems winterizing the last five years.
Anyway, just my two cents.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote