View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 06:14 PM   #10
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
My 2019 384BR has a duct that blows hot air from the propane furnace into the underbelly. Also a tank heater on the fresh water tank.

Last winter when it got down to 0 degrees even with the furnace running the useless outside shower at the back of the unit froze then started leaking. I dropped the underbelly and tightened the connections and it stopped. Next time at 0 degrees it busted. I unhooked the outside shower in the back and plugged the lines and have had no problems since.

My dump valves also froze for a day during that 0 degree spell.
0 degrees is pretty cold. I have had the fresh water drain line freeze. The heated underbelly is a joke. The heat, when it runs is directed at the 2 front tanks and has no chance of making it to the rear where the fresh water tank is. If it gets real cold I will put a ceramic heater in the basement to keep things warn it there.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote