View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Mandy, If I'm not mistaken the 385BR does not have a heated underbelly BUT as Last2Die stated it DOES have a duct running from the furnace into the underbelly as do most Montana's. Some of the Montana's have tank heaters on them but not actual heaters that heat the whole belly area. That is what the duct does. You can find that duct by removing the back wall in the basement area. You should be able to see the furnace and the ducts running from it. One will run into a hole and send heat to the underbelly. This is one of the reasons one should run the furnace when it gets cold and not just auxiliary heaters up in the unit and it's also why you should put some type of insulation skirting around the base of the fiver and secure it to the ground and the bottom of the unit. Others have put an additional heater that works off of a thermostat under their units if they are in really cold areas of the country. The reason you want the heat there is so the water pipes which are the red and blue pipes running under the unit do not freeze.
In respects to finding a propane dealer in your area, are you in the Fredericksburg area? If so, I Googled "Propane dealers in the Fredericksburg, VA area" and came up with about 8-10 dealers and numerous ones deliver to your location and I'm sure that if they deliver they also rent larger propane tanks and will install the lines for you. We winter in AZ and numerous companies in the area we are at have the tanks and deliver the propane to the RV sites in the area. Google as I stated and then give the dealers a call to find out if they do have the tanks and deliver. If you need names, let me know and I'll give you the ones I've found in your area.
Good luck, hope this helps and stay warm!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote