View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by UpinAK

I really am a slow learner. I just started using mine as we have had some hard frosts lately. I thought I had to leave the defroster and fan on before shutting down. I just found out today what buttons to push in the cockpit to increase the ontime from 5 to 15 minutes.

I have to assume the new F350 will turn the fan, defroster and seat on. I did just discover how poor the a$$ end of the dually does in a few inches of snow. Just added 200 lbs of sandbags today.

But.... it's still REAL nice....

I’ve noticed that when the back end seems to become light due to snow, I will place ours into four wheel drive. It then handles a lot differently and it doesn’t bother me as to the back end feeling insecure anymore. I do have a lot of tools in the back and I always leave the hitch in the bed so I guess that is some help. I sometimes use the tow/haul mode in bad weather which I believe helps to bring it to a controlled stop without using as much brake or as little brake depending on how slow of a stop I feel like I should make. I don’t know if it’s recommended for use that way or not but I really believe it helps me in bad weather.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote