View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #26
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
First and foremost, my humble opinion is both spouses need to know how to do everything on the RV. A number of years ago, one of our dear MOC friends would never let his wife drive the truck, let alone pulling the RV. He ended up having a medical emergency and being transported by Flight for Life. There his wife sat, hundreds of miles away, with never having driven the truck or pulled the camper. Can’t happen to you? Guess again. So, if that woke you up to why it’s important, good.

Now, especially with Covid 19 around, there are plenty of wide open school parking lots. There are driving schools and the MOC rally as other options if you aren’t patient enough. No men allowed at the ladies driving school. My wife has pulled solo through Milwaukee rush hour traffic, she has driven through Chicago and anywhere I need her to spell me. It’s not good enough to just learn, they need to practice.

And for those who commented that the RV is no place to learn, where did you start? We all had a first time, even if it was a long time ago. Soap box stored.
Horrible advice and examples.

If your friend had a medical emergency at his house she'd be doing the same thing. When an emergency happens, you don't need to worry about the RV. Just focus on the emergency. People who have formal training know this already.

If it were to happen while driving down the road, there is no amount of training that is going teach a person to jump into the driver's seat while occupied by a driver and continue driving down the road. No need for fear mongering examples.

Driving is more than turning a steering wheel and pressing the gas pedal.

I learned how to drive heavy equipment in the Army. Feel free to pick up a rifle if you want to follow that path.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15276941490_da55e1a8ae_b.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	5804  
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote