Thread: Surge Protector
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Dave.
Back in the Spring I posted what happened to a group of Escapees while parked as the advance staff for the Escapade in Stockton, CA. While at church, one phase of the power to the fairgrounds dropped out and the transformer we were all connected to dropped voltage to 57 volts. When we got back from church everyone was hollering at us to make sure everything was turned off so as not to harm anything. But our Surge Guard (which everyone seems to feel costs too much) dropped the voltage to the rig because the low voltage cutoff is 102 volts thereby protecting our rig. Others had damage before they could get things turned off. Had we not had an inverter, the reefer would have automatically switched to propane and the water heater would have turned off. As it is, we have solar panels and the power all switched automatically to the inverter. Had we been in the unit we would not have noticed a thing.

I'm a great believer in insurance no matter what form it takes. The Surge Guard may be expensive but as I've always said, "It's a drop in the bucket when compared to what the expense could be if we lost anything." Yes there are a lot of cheaper devices but I know from experience what the Surge Guard does (please note I have no financial interest of any kind in Surge Guard).

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote