Thread: Internet
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 06:22 AM   #16
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
You can’t be assured you will have internet service. Verizon will probably come the closest but I’ve been places where the radio wouldn’t work and cell service don’t even think about it.
Lynwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
and remember that many campgrounds have internet too.
These are both great points! If you're in the sticks, enjoy being in the sticks, and forget about the internet!

When you're at a campground (if you'll be at some), best to use their internet if you can. That saves on your data plan, in case you're using more than you expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry LeBeau View Post
I have a galaxy s8+ but with atnt....
You'll be good with that phone for hot spotting / tethering, so you don't necessarily need a new phone. If I were you, I'd see how I got along with AT&T, and go from there. That might mean that you won't be able to get internet at one of your stops, and when that happens, then you can go to a Verizon store, and either get a new phone, or just have your current phone moved to a Verizon plan. BUT, before you do that, you probably want to know if you're going to have coverage with Verizon there, and places you're going to in the future. As stated above, you might be in a dead zone, and there is no cellular service there...