Thread: Bath Sink
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #15
Gcasta
Established Member

M.O.C. #14578
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by makahaskipper

Very nice. So a couple of follow on questions, is that light 12v or 110? and how did you fish the wiring between the source, the switch and the light?
It is 12V. I removed the existing switch and put a double in and drilled a small hole below the sinkt to fish wire up to. You need to remove existing switch and look t see where framing is to determine where to drill. Is was a clean run from switch to below counter. Then I ran the wire along the bottom of sink counter then drilled another hole to fish wire up hole for light. I did not have to worry too much about feeding the wires since I had already cut the wall out where the mirror was to inset the medicine cabinet.
It would still be pretty easy to fish the wires without opening wall. Just determine where the framing is and drill between but be careful of vent stack. You will know where that is by where drain pipe goes into wall under sink.
To get the wire feed what I usually do,is use some dental floss or strong string with a small nut tied to it, mark the distance between the two holes on the string , lower it from the upper hole to marked spot the use a strong magnet to feed it out the other hole. You can then pull a heavier string back to pull wires or if an easy pull just use the orginal wire. I just bought the light from one of the online RV sights.

Sorry for such a long drawn out post bu wanted to make sure you got all the details.

Greg
Gcasta is offline   Reply With Quote