View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #28
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy E View Post
I finally had enough with these awful Dometic Thermostats. The cycling on and off. The 'run when it wants to'. I saw a post here on the MOC about Micro-Air direct replacements. They are $249.00 plus shipping.

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143555156

So I thought if it saved me one bad trip of fighting with it, I'd go ahead and buy one. It is USA made !!!! It came today. I just put it in. It took me 13 minutes to put it in , and that included reading how to do it. There was only 3 small 12v wires to move. That's it ! I attached the photos. Once I turned the power on, it worked immediately. No set up needed. It even has an app on my phone to show the entire display and control it via Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. It cycles AC and the furnace as needed. No flipping a switch. It also can have AC and the heat pump on ''auto' as well. I can set a time for when I want it to come on. How hot or cold I want it, and some other features I haven't found yet. Very Very simple to hook up and operate. If all goes well this week on the road, I'll be ordering another one for the bedroom. I'll update next week. I'm hoping the hot days and cool nights will give me a good feel for how good this thig is.
Thanks Randy.....
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote