View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
My first impulse on reading the original question was to reply: "I'll let you know when I get there, but at 80 and counting I'm still feeling pretty able to take care of myself."

But I didn't post that smart-alickey response for two reasons: 1-- it is a serious and thoughtful question and does not deserve a flip answer. and 2-- I'm just fortunate to be able to do as much as I do, and, of course, I am not able to do what I did at 30 and 40 (or even 60 or 70 for that matter.)

I know there are some others on this forum who have as much experience at living as I do, maybe some with even more. What I feel most of all is gratitude for the joy of life and the abilities I still have.

Our plan is to keep going as long as we can, and yet to be prepared for the time when we will no longer be able to go as we do now. We have a 5000 mile trip planned for July which will take us all the way to the Pacific Northwest (where we have never been in an RV before). Last year we made a trip to Niagara Falls (in Ontario where we met with friends from this forum) and another trip to the Dakotas, Minnesota, and return.

"God forbid that I should boast," as a spiritual brother of mine once said, but take these as expressions of gratitude to God and as words of encouragement for those who are moving toward mature years (and who is not?)
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote