Thread: Stroke update
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Stroke update

Hi everyone-today is not such a good day. I am really dizzy and tired and that whooshing in my head is annoying to put it mildly.
Dave and I talked to the Neurologist this morning, with him doing most of the talking as I can't remember a lot of Friday until evening. Tomorrow I go for an MRI and an MRA at the same time. I don't mind the MRI machines, in fact, I fall asleep in them. My only fear was that I was going to need another IV for more dye and my veins are small, hard to find and roll. They have about used all they could find this weekend in the hospital. So, in case they needed to stick a needle in again, I was going to ask to be sedated to keep my blood pressure down. This may sound like I am two years old, but it hurts, A LOT when they go for the vein and then dig around trying to get a vein or one that works. But, nothing like that. Just me and the machine.
I also go to see the Neurologist next Monday, the 8th, which will give her time to get all the records she needs from the weekend and the results of the MRI, MRA and CT Scan they did on Friday. I also have to have to have echocardiogram but that has not been scheduled. One of the first things I learned after my first stroke from a wonderful website dedicated to just for people who have had strokes is that after a stroke, many of them discovered had holes in their hearts. I don't really want to have that prognosis but I really want an answer as to why this is happening. I feel so crappy today and am so scared, I feel like my body is a ticking time bomb.
Thank all of you again for everything. Dave or I will keep you posted as we know anything.
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote