View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #44
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Steve, did they say they checked all four wheels? It could be any one of them and even could be the wiring under the trailer, outside the wheels. From your description of their service people I'd be concerned with just how thorough a job they did. I think I'd be inclined to stop at another dealer when you arrive at your next destination and ask them to check it. Just my opinion, Steve, but that service dept does not seem very confidence inspiring.
Steve,

He said he pulled all the wheels. But he’d have had to do it in about one hour, because they called my wife’s cell phone an hour after we left when he was just re-installing the first wheel. I really wish I wasn’t afraid of making him upset, and just stayed there to watch. But I’d have been over his shoulder, and messing with the stuff that was exposed. I know that situation would irk me if someone did it while I was at work.

It’s possible he did them all.

But, here’s the catch. No matter whether he found anything, he certainly managed to change something.

We got all the way to Erie, PA, the first day, and now to Niagara Falls, NY, the second day, without a single “Trailer Disconnected” alarm!

This, of course, doesn’t tell me much. If he only did the one tire, there’s a problem in that wheel’s wiring. But since he didn’t find anything, the problem may be outside, or inside the wheel.

So if I do have to stop at another Monty Service shop, I'll not be paying another $58 to have this done, again.

But it’s fairly certain it’s not in the Ford.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote